This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
• Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• First aid basics
• Medical emergencies
• Injury emergencies
• Environmental emergencies
• Optional written test
• Video-based course ensures consistency
• Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
• Student manual comes with a new Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses
• Course is updated with the new science
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid Course Completion Card that is valid for two years.
During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their first aid skills practice and testing.