Family & Friends CPR is for people who want to learn CPR but do not need a course completion card in CPR for their job. This course is ideal for schools and students, new parents, grandparents, babysitters and others interested in learning how to save a life.
The Family & Friends CPR program teaches:
• Adult AED use
• Child CPR
• Infant CPR
• Adult, child and infant relief of choking
Family & Friends CPR is a classroom-based course that can be taught by an AHA Instructor or led by a facilitator (a community member, family member or friend) who wishes to pass on lifesaving CPR skills to others. This course is video-led and includes skills practice throughout.
Course topics can be presented together or taught separately as stand-alone modules. Following are approximate times for each module:
• Adult CPR/AED/Choking: about 25 minutes
• Child CPR/AED/Choking: about 35 minutes
• Infant CPR/Choking: about 30 minutes
• Applies AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which improves learning and retention
• Classroom format works well for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback while learning skills
• Each student receives high-quality course materials for ongoing reference
This course does not provide a course completion card; however, students receive a tear-out participation card in their student manual.