PEARS is for healthcare providers such as emergency medical technicians (EMTs), medical and surgical nurses, school nurses and any other healthcare provider who infrequently sees critically ill infants and children.
• Pediatric assessment
• Assessment and management of respiratory problems
• Recognition and management of shock
• Identification and management of cardiac arrest
• Resuscitation team concept
PEARS is a classroom-based, Instructor-led course.
Option 1, following the BLS Competency Lesson = approximately 6 hours
Option 2, with CPR testing during Team Dynamics practice = approximately 6.5 hours
Option 1 = approximately 5 hours
Option 2 = approximately 6 hours
• Improves competency in pediatric basic life support
• Learning stations and practice reinforce essential skills
• Course video allows students actually see and hear critically ill children
• Enhances skills in recognizing shock, respiratory failure and cardiopulmonary emergencies
Students who successfully complete this course will receive an AHA PEARS Provider course completion card, valid for two years.
The AHA is currently applying for continuing education accreditation for this course. More information will be available by the course launch date (June 13, 2012).